Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened (stick butter works best)
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
2 cups chocolate chips (or a whole bag, depending on your mood)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Dissolve baking soda in water
- Add to batter with salt.
- Stir in flour (usually cup by cup) and chocolate.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake 8-10 minutes. (Give or take a few minutes)